Sales Associate for Minnowtech:
You will work to generate leads, close deals, and as a primary point of contact with our existing clients.
What we do:
Early Charm, the parent company of Minnowtech, creates, owns, and operates businesses that convert science into revenue.
We are the management team, the operators, and the entrepreneurs. We do not write checks and just pop in for board meetings. We show up to our labs, our production facilities, and our offices every day to do all the heavy lifting in our portfolio companies.
Our scientists and engineers work across our entire portfolio, never just one venture. This brings extraordinary expertise to the earliest stages of product development. The lack of silos fosters creativity and attracts the most collaborative people.
Similarly, our sales & marketing team works across our portfolio enabling us to have the voice of customers heard early and often as we consider product development. Add in our experts in law, intellectual property, accounting, finance, licensing, purchasing and more to get the complete team to build our businesses.
What you will do:
Work with the Early Charm marketing and sales team to develop and execute sales strategies that generate opportunities using inbound, outbound, and in-person techniques for Early Charm Portfolio companies that have products and services to sell.
The initial sales focus will be within the advanced materials and blue economy portfolios. Two companies in particular:
- Minnowtech develops precision aquaculture technologies to maximize aquafarmers’ cultivation efforts using integrated sensor-based systems. Currently, Minnowtech has launched a revolutionary sonar system worldwide that enables shrimp farmers to estimate the biomass within their ponds at a high level of accuracy.
- Materic develops the materials of the future through contract research, custom development, and manufacturing scale up. Materic works with a diverse mix or organizations from fortune 500 to start-ups in industries ranging from automotive, toy, medical, construction, textile, fashion, cosmetics, sportswear, sports, and many more.
For these companies with product and service revenue, you will work to generate leads, close deals, and as a primary point of contact with our existing clients. This is a key part of our process as you play an important role in building trust in our organization and technology.
- Actively close sales deals for Early Charm Portfolio Companies to meet target goals set by the sales manager.
- Work with the sales and marketing team to develop and execute lead generating activities.
- Interface with internal stakeholders to make sure meetings/NDAs/proposals are set, followed up on, completed, and sent back to the prospects/clients in a timely manner.
- Manage sales meetings along with Directors of Sales.
- Coordinate with our senior scientists and engineers when there are big technical challenges.
- Coordinate with our Chief Marketing Officer and Sales Directors on business terms, contracts, and development of work statements that will dictate client relationships.
- Interact with our back-office team on billing to make sure invoices are being sent at the appropriate times.
- Once a client is onboarded, provide ongoing client management and support as needed.
What you need to be successful:
A candidate with a strong physical science, life science, or engineering background is a big plus. We are looking for a detail oriented and motivated candidate that isn’t afraid to jump in headfirst and learn on the fly. You aren’t afraid to work outside your comfort zone and wear many “hats”. In this role, you should have an interest in and ability to talk with people in a manner that engages them while explaining complex technical information at an appropriate level.
What we will do for you:
Career development is our top priority for you. You will learn from our senior business team, our lead scientists, and are encouraged to build your capabilities with third-party training. You will expand your network around the world through building close relationships with our customers. You will get to see a wide range of deal flow through the eyes of seasoned venture capitalists. Your long-term success is our success.
Where you will work:
We are at the center of the entrepreneurial renaissance of Baltimore giving you the opportunity to interact with some of the nation’s most exciting technology companies. Located at 1100 Wicomico Street, our labs, production space and offices are intermingled with firms doing engineering design, software development, specialty textiles, 3D printing, and so much more. There is even a brewery.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is Our Business:
Creativity is the soul of Early Charm. We expand creativity by actively seeking out and embracing diversity in all its forms. Diversity of thought, of experience, of culture, of race, of expression and ultimately of the individual is, therefore, our soul.
Action and cooperation drive our success at Early Charm. We foster action through equity. Equity means we treat everyone with respect, empower everyone to make decisions, help everyone to advance their career and compensate everyone fairly. We encourage cooperation by being inclusive. Inclusive means celebrating each other’s differences, listening to each other’s views, and empowering each other to be individuals through our own actions. Equity and inclusion, therefore, is our success.
- Sick Time Off
- Paid Vacation Hours
- 401K with matching
How to Join Us:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Chris Ewing at firstname.lastname@example.org.